We have some excellent speakers lined up for you this year. Come along and support your fellow trainees, and find out what they have been up to outside of Wales, from trips to Everest, the Sydney Helimed, Trauma fellowships in the UK to teaching in South America.
With peri operative medicine fresh on the curriculum we have an interesting update from Dr Tony Funnell, as well as a talk from the London Trainees who have have recently set up TRIPOM (Trainees with an interest in peri operative medicine).
Discount car parking available, just ask for a code from the reception desk before leaving.
For our evening social this year, we are going back to school and having a slap-up dinner in the beautiful restaurant "The Classroom". No doubt followed by a cocktail or two in town! (N.B. School uniform not required!!)
7pm @ The Classroom, CAVC City Centre Campus, Dumbbells Road, Cardiff, CF10 5FE
£40 to include a welcome drink, 3-course meal with wine, teas and coffees.
Please scroll down for the programme...
- 08:45 - 09:00Registration
- 09:00 - 09:15Welcome
- 09:15 - 09:40Trauma Fellowship at QE
Dr Shahood Ali
- 09:40 - 10:25Peri-op Medicine
Dr Anthony Funnell
- 10:30 - 10:50 Tea and Coffee
- 10:50 - 11:35Jungle survival and world of TV
Dr Daniel Quemby
@DrDanielQuemby - Hospital doctor, expedition medic, traveller, adventurer.(The Island 2016)
- 11:35 - 12:00Adventures from the Sydney Helimed
Dr Laura Jackson
- 12:00 - 12:45 Lunch for F1 & F2s
- 12:00 - 12:25Safe Course in Bolivia
- 12:30 - 13:15 Lunch
- 12:45 - 13:15F1 / F2 Info Session
- 13:15 - 14:00Trainee Update
- 14:00 - 14:45TRIPOM Trainees
- 14:45 - 15:10Adventure Medicine
Dr Alex Photiou
- 15:15 - 15:35 Tea and Coffee
- 15:40 - 16:25BMA - What's really happening over the border?!
Dr Bethan Roberts
BMA Welsh Rep
- 19:00 - 23:59 Dinner @ The Classroom
Welcome Drink 7 pm
Dinner Service at 7.30 pm
The Classroom - CF10 5FE